Monday, August 4, 2008

Spaghetti Night

So today I woke up and began more reading...such is my life. This stuff got a lot denser and I don't appreciate it. We all just kinda had a lazy morning. But it was a beautiful day. I went out and did some grocery shopping while it was nice out. Got back, unloaded, grabbed my books and headed up to the Park/Cliffs to do some readings. Found a nice sunny spot and a tree to lean against. It was a combination of reading dense stuff and people watching when I was bored. There was an interesting group of girls talking to two loud Irish guys that were entertaining for a while, other people that walked by, etc. The WEIRD thing that happened though was a noise I heard. For all those familiar with it, I swear I heard the jingle from Power rangers when their communicator/watch things go off. It was clear as day. Very strange, no idea where or what it came from but I heard it. So I continued reading till the sun got a little lower and I got a little chilly and I moved my shindig inside.

I had mentioned doing some cooking that evening, and the plans snow balled from there from few to many. We decided to do some easy spaghetti, but the people who went shopping were determined that we wouldn't have enough to feed everyone. We had 8 people eat and let me tell you what we cooked:
3 lbs. of ground beef w/ one onion mixed in
4 lbs. of spaghetti
4 containers of tomato sauce (w/ 2 carrots, 2 tomatoes, and 1 lg green pepper inside)
It was all I could do to keep it in the pots and pans. They also got some ceasar salad and garlic bread. So we feasted and we didn't make a dent. We put a LARGE pot of leftovers in the fridge. We watched a few more episodes of Entourage (pretty funny show, it's growing on me) and retired to either sleep or reading.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG -lol just for future reference a pound is considered eight servings. you had enough to feed 32 no wonder you didn't put a dent in it.