Friday, August 8, 2008

Walkin' like crazy

Today was a nice recovery day from the work of the days before. I woke up and read for a bit, in a leisurely way. Eldest at this point is practically impossible to put down. So afterward I headed out on my mission for the day. Reclaim the wallet! Ah, yes...a key part of the story I forgot from Tuesday. So on the way back from Tuesday nights revelry, I seemed to have lost my wallet (don't freak, mom, it all worked out). I realized that I had to have it when I got on the bus to use my bus pass, so it had to be w/ the buses. The next morning (wed) I called the bus station to see if they had found my wallet, and they had. Since yesterday was so full, I had no time to go get it. So I walked to the station (3.2 km each way) and simply picked it up w/ a few signatures.
On the way back I stopped in a random park I saw, not much was there, just lots of cool plant life. I headed back watching a storm front roll in. Stopped in the Backpacker's World Travel store and got lots of brochures while talking to a guy, then in the rain, headed to the Palace to get a job application. The guy there asked if i had a RSA cert (responsible service of alcohol), and said to essentially come back when I did. I headed back and did some internet pursuing (signing up for an RSA course for Saturday at 9:30am) and finished Eldest (veeeery good book).
Later we grabbed some Thai (amazing, as always) and went to go see Pinapple Express at the local theater. Funny, not bad, not astounding, but amusing. We thought of heading up to UniBar afterward, but it was later and not worth it. Grabbed some cheesy bread at the local dominos (sooo goooood) and went back home.

No comments: