Friday was miserable weather. It rained hard in the morning and was cold all day long. It became "one of those days"...without class, and with no intention of going outside, I did some reading. Charlie had lent me his copy of Angels & Demons by Dan Brown. We did the great book swap (don't know if I put this in the blog already). I gave Eldest to James, James gave Eragon to Charlie, Charlie gave me this. I had read somewhere between 100-200 pages before today
.........I finished the book.
I couldn't put it down. Between the weather and the action in the plot, I read it all. It's a long book. It's a really good book. It was great.
Most of the other guys at this point had left to go to the Blue Mountains for the weekend by train with a full list of events to do. James, Jason and I were about the only 3 left of the guys we know in the building. James and I figured it would be a rather lonely weekend.
Emerging from my cocoon...James and I went for dinner at 5 O's looking forward to this BBQ chicken pizza. Twas good.
We debated on what we were doing that night, made a few phone calls and heard of another B-day party for a guy named John (different one that I didn't know) over somewhere. We google mapped the way and headed out. It was frigid. It was far. It was aaaalll uphill, steep too. It was somewhere south about half way to campus. We got there and the theme was Beer Olympics. How best to describe it? Um, basically it gave us a taste of home as a typical but really nice frat party (oxymoron, I know). It was basically all the Study Abroad kids I knew and many more that I didn't. James and I became kings of the pong table for a while before they ran out of beer at the end of the night.
When people started to head out it was pouring. We all kinda headed separate directions, don't know why. I wound up helping a girl from the Alfreda house get home as heels, rain, cold and alcohol don't really mix. got her home and headed back meeting up with James and others on the way. Twas a very good night.
.........I finished the book.
I couldn't put it down. Between the weather and the action in the plot, I read it all. It's a long book. It's a really good book. It was great.
Most of the other guys at this point had left to go to the Blue Mountains for the weekend by train with a full list of events to do. James, Jason and I were about the only 3 left of the guys we know in the building. James and I figured it would be a rather lonely weekend.
Emerging from my cocoon...James and I went for dinner at 5 O's looking forward to this BBQ chicken pizza. Twas good.
We debated on what we were doing that night, made a few phone calls and heard of another B-day party for a guy named John (different one that I didn't know) over somewhere. We google mapped the way and headed out. It was frigid. It was far. It was aaaalll uphill, steep too. It was somewhere south about half way to campus. We got there and the theme was Beer Olympics. How best to describe it? Um, basically it gave us a taste of home as a typical but really nice frat party (oxymoron, I know). It was basically all the Study Abroad kids I knew and many more that I didn't. James and I became kings of the pong table for a while before they ran out of beer at the end of the night.
When people started to head out it was pouring. We all kinda headed separate directions, don't know why. I wound up helping a girl from the Alfreda house get home as heels, rain, cold and alcohol don't really mix. got her home and headed back meeting up with James and others on the way. Twas a very good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment