Friday, August 29, 2008

blah, blah, steak, blah

Woke up round 9-10 and had some cereal while talking with Ashley. Within one hour I wrote the reading response of ~900 words for God Life class due in an hour, ran through the shower and hopped on a bus to campus for tutorial. God Life was...pretty off topic for the day. Conversation seemed to keep drifting. Grabbed a small bit of food afterward at the Fare.
Sport Law talked about...yeah who am I kidding I never fully pay attention in that class. The design of the class is such that lecture is COMPLETELY useless. Whatever learned in there has NO bearing whatsoever on your grade. It's more of a pass the time, and to make sure I go to tutorial. I do remember that what they were talking about at the time was somewhat intriguing, although obviously not memorable, and that David (my tut professor) had managed to get free tickets (13) to a Rugby class and that he was offering them to us. We had to email him at 7:30 that night, but I would of course be at steak night at that time. Oh well...if I do go tics are only about $22 anyway.
The hour between the parts of Sport Law is the most annoying hour, just want to get it over so I can go home. Today Chris had to go meet with some of his partners for a Civil Engineering project of some sort in the library. So I just went to the library to do stuff. Wound up just doing a little blogging, emailing, other just to pass the time. When class finally came around it wound up being a total waste of time. We got there, our professor has just gotten back from China that morning so he didn't have any time to put together pictures and such. We talked a little about the Olympics and what he had seen (Beach Volleyball, Athletics, diving, and 2 others I don't remember). He showed us his ticket and guide book. The tickets were intense. I'd say at least a 5x8 kinda index card size, thick paper, lots of hollograms, really cool designs and colors, bar codes, and later to find out that one side had a huge flat microchip under it just to identify it as real. Crazy Chinese...
Tut let out 30 min early. The only productive thing we did was think about the sections in our paper due soon. They really are emphasizing the structure of the paper. We caught the bus after a bit and headed to steak night. Chris stayed behind to do more work so I wound up eating dinner with one of the guys in my class, who I forget his name to this day. We went back to hang out and I think we may have just watched a movie for the night? Dont' really remember. Steakday nights tend to be uneventful because it's such a long day.

No comments: