Friday, August 8, 2008

B-days!

Tuesday began at 7am. Oh the joy! Got up and got ready to head out shortly after 8 so I could walk up to campus and get there in time to print of my journal response for my media class. On the way, because it was so early, I got to see a lot of the kids going to school along Coogee Bay road. There are a surprising number of schools on that road. And most, if not all of them seem to have uniforms. Now, those of you in Charleston may think BE, but no...these were beyond that (some were similar). These looked like traditional english school boys (picture for example). Any of you girls would have done the "awwww, how cute," trust me. So, that was interesting.
Class was not bad, some gernal discussion on technology mainly revolving around the cell phone. We eached talked in groups and did our own biography of our cell phone, from when we first got it, how we used it, how our use of it has changed, etc. Actually kinda weird to think back to it. Try it sometime.
So class was over by 10:30. I worked in the library for a while trying to get some reading a writing done. I got most of my summaries for my God, Life class done, afterward I gave my reader to Rachel since she needed it for class. I eventually headed back to do some more reading for classes (mainly the Sports, Law reading). Read and read, wrote some more of the summaries, etc.

For dinner we all decided to go to 5 o's pretty early in the night. Dinner for $5 is so wonderful. We decided to do a little pre-game celebration for Chris and Drew's B-day over at the Alfreda St. house. There was goon, lots of goon. Later that night we decided to go to Scruffy Murphy's as seems to be our new tradition. It was a lot of fun. It was mayhem, everyone had a crazy night. The next morning was a lot of interesting "whoa, what happened?" or "here's my story." They had a good b-day to say the least.

No comments: