Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Rachel's B-day

Monday = class again.
God Life had moved on to miracles, Media has moved from cell phones to TVs. Sections are much more interesting than the lectures, and unfortunately today was all lectures.
Class ended at 12:30 so I did some quick uploads and emails in the library. Then got some food at the Fare. I walked up to the Study Abroad to check about my work visa. Now, here's where I get to do a little ranting.
So being proactive is not necessarily the best thing in the world *cough* mom *cough*. I looked up the information about the work visa and found that work visa are included in student visa, so need to worry, right? Ha, there's an if...that is, if that visa was granted before the 26th of April. I pulled up mine and I apparently got mine on the 22nd. Yeah for being early!! So I went to one of the Study Abroad ladies and she said I was probably the ONLY person to have this problem, but we fixed it with an online application and a $60 fee, joy.
Afterward, I walked down to the roundhouse where they were having a poster sale (really cheap to, had some that were buy 2 for $19). Saw some really cool posters: Black Knight posters, Ironman, other funny ones, Angelina, etc. Our apartment is bare, so it woulda been nice to get one, cept I had no cash, so I got none.
Walked home to wait for the email confirmation about my work visa, but it never came (was supposed to come w/in the hour) so I did some reading. James eventually made some pasta for dinner. We found out our TV actually does get channels, we just had to plug it in, we hadn't tried yet, so we watched some Olympics with dinner.
Later that night I joined Janessa and Rachel (and many others) over at their house since it was Rachel's (20th) b-day. We had some cake and later went out on the town to Scubar. kinda a cool place. It was a little boring at first but people loosened up and the dancing ensued with some free give aways and a guitarist playing along w/ the music. Most people headed back early, but we three stayed since rachel wanted to stay. It was a good night, and a well celebrated B-day.

No comments: