Today I got up fairly early having gone to bed at a decent hour the night before (aka 8 hrs of sleep), but I didn't have class till 2. So I made myself a nice, big breakfast. I also decided to do a nice big overhaul of the kitchen, as there were still dishes from taco night. Washed all the dishes, wiped down the counters and hardcore cleaned the stove. Even with all of that, still had some leftover time before needing to head to class. I headed out and turned in my application at the Palace, the guy I gave it to said he would pass it along to the manager...don't know how long that will take.
Walked up to campus and decided I should get some small sort of snack/lunch before class. I had about $5.50 change to work with, so I went to a cafe and asked how much a muffin was...$3, sweet. "I'll take that and a coke zero" "That'll be 6..." *huh?* "uuuh, sry...I only seem to have $5.50" "that's fine, no worries"
....I love Australia, they really are just so laid back. (although a coke for $3 is kinda disturbing unless at a sporting event)
Class was increda-boring. The lecturer tried to be engaging but all he got was crickets. I wound up just working on the assignment we had due for that class for the next week.
Kim and I decided to hang for a while before she met up with Aliza at 5, so we went back to her college (read: dorm) and went up to the common room where they had a projector and screen where we and some aussies watched some more of the olympics (girl's swimming was pretty predominant).
We left, she met Aliza and I walked home stopping for food and some bread at the bakery for general supplies and dinner. I decided to make my Orange Rosemary chicken with orzo and broccoli (figured something healthy would be a nice change from bbq type food). The guys decided we weren't really in the mood to go out out tonight. So we got a few beers and hung around the apartment for a night of games and watching US play basketball. Good times. Also pulled out the fortune telling trick for some additional laughs.
Walked up to campus and decided I should get some small sort of snack/lunch before class. I had about $5.50 change to work with, so I went to a cafe and asked how much a muffin was...$3, sweet. "I'll take that and a coke zero" "That'll be 6..." *huh?* "uuuh, sry...I only seem to have $5.50" "that's fine, no worries"
....I love Australia, they really are just so laid back. (although a coke for $3 is kinda disturbing unless at a sporting event)
Class was increda-boring. The lecturer tried to be engaging but all he got was crickets. I wound up just working on the assignment we had due for that class for the next week.
Kim and I decided to hang for a while before she met up with Aliza at 5, so we went back to her college (read: dorm) and went up to the common room where they had a projector and screen where we and some aussies watched some more of the olympics (girl's swimming was pretty predominant).
We left, she met Aliza and I walked home stopping for food and some bread at the bakery for general supplies and dinner. I decided to make my Orange Rosemary chicken with orzo and broccoli (figured something healthy would be a nice change from bbq type food). The guys decided we weren't really in the mood to go out out tonight. So we got a few beers and hung around the apartment for a night of games and watching US play basketball. Good times. Also pulled out the fortune telling trick for some additional laughs.
No comments:
Post a Comment