Monday, August 18, 2008

The Chilli Fiasco

Sunday morning started off with the other guys leaving again to go surfing. I, while eventually wanting to go with them, needed to stay back and do some reading. Made some b-fast and took my books out to the cliff to read. Really windy, which made it rather cold, so I didn't stay out there for long, but it was a beautiful day. So read more inside and the boys eventually came back. Apparently they weren't renting surf boards because of the water (guess the wind really made a difference).
...hmmm...what else...stuff and things.
That night the boys got the great idea of making chilli and cornbread while watching Cool Runnings (in spirit of olympics and such). So I broke out my recipe and went to the store with Matt to gather supplies. Came back and started the long process of cooking it. The guys gathered and some of the girls came over. While cooking, we decided to have some fun by playing mafia. We had about 11-12 ppl so it was a great number. I amazed them with my awesome narration skills since I was still stirring. I eventually played one round before eating.
The food was really good. Little too spicy for most people's taste because I didn't really have any measuring devices. The cornbread was another feat because 1)there was no cornbread mix at the store and 2) what they did have was corn flour with a recipe for something like "corn something spongy bread." We tried it. The first batch was nice on top and kinda...um...custardy on the bottom. The second batch was more bready, but I kinda like the first one better.
Due to some protest by a girl or two, we didn't watch cool runnings (crime, isn't it?) but we put on Old School. Good, but not as good. Overall a successful night.

No comments: