Today was a fine Friday morning. The weather was warm with a nice cool wind. We woke up kinda late and hung around the apartment. The great plan for the day was at 12:30 we were going to Bondi to go Surfin!!! (Picture: us rockin' the wet suits)

Couple guys caught the bus before us and we caught a cab up to Bondi. The place we were renting the boards from was on the north side of Bondi. Board and wet suit for 2hrs was only $30, not bad really. I managed to get a MASSIVE board. You know how most people carry surf boards under their arms? Yeah...no...this one required two hands. We get down the the beach and head where the waves are decent and (naturally) the surf school people are there. But we made do with the space we were in. It was kinda hard just getting out into/past the surf. Being pummeled by waves is only so much fun. I tried a few times to catch a wave or two. It was hard enough just trying to keep my balance on this foam board. Didn't really have much success at first, "caught" a few in more or less like a boogy board. Right before we took a small break I did manage to get a few almost standings. We broke for a bit and sat on the beach just talking and headed back in. This time I stayed in shallower waters and got decnet at the "stand up, wobble, fall" routine. Did a few of those. Then I actually road a few in standing up.
.....I was a God. You know those moments in life where you feel like the King of the World (like Titanic just less chick flicky and corny), yeah...it was one of those. I rode standing up about 8 times during the last portion of the day, one of which i rode until the board just sank into the water. Very cool. Will probably try to go next weekend if possible.
Two hours ran up and we were all exhausted. We caught the buses back to Coogee and everyone dissapated to either go rest, eat, or other.
That night the girls at the "Haunted House" (it's what they called their house, i guess based on looks) were throwing a stoplight party (green = single, red = taken, yellow = complicated). Six of these girls were actually on the wine tour with us. Inordinate amounts of green were at this party with specs of red and yellow. It was a good time, nothing to special. Had an amazing schnitzel afterward and headed back home to crash. Surfing wore us out.
No comments:
Post a Comment