Decently early morning. Kim and I met decently early to do our assignment. Basically what we had to do was to visit 3 different beaches: 1) on the ocean (we chose Bondi) 2) sheltered from the ocean (Coogee) and 3) One on the harbor (we chose Watson Bay...it's at the northern most point of the southern coastline). At each beach we had to do several observation including measurements of beach height, sand grain, wave height, wind speed/direction, water clarity, wave motion, etc record them and make some conclusions.
Originally we had planned to do the Coogee to Bondi walk then catch a bus up to Watson Bay, and head back.
The weather was also awful. It was cold and reeeeeally windy. So we revered out trip starting at Watson Bay and working down thinking that if weather worsened we could just go back to the closer beaches later. We hoped buses to Watson bay. The beach was about 2 ft. wide with little to no surf. Part of the fun part of the assignment was wading into the water, so I wore shorts and sandals volunteering my body for science. The water was really cold. We had to grab some hot chocolate/tea to warm back up at the warf afterward. Walked around a bit and headed back to Bondi. There the waves were HUGE. We did our measurements, my shorts got all wet, we headed for the nearest heat source and food. Found a noodle bar (it's just so good) and got some really hot food indoors where I dried out a bit.
On our way back we stopped for a bit in Bondi Junction looking around. We actually did a little perusing and went to K-mart and Coles. I wound up getting a pan (so we don't have to keep getting disposable ones), and Kim wound up getting some brownie mix although we look for other things too. (See where this is going?)
We went back and did our quick dip onto Coogee Beach, getting wet again, and then went back to my place to hang while Aliza was napping. We made the brownies...ahem...remember what I said about my oven being funky? Brownie Directions: mix, cook at X degrees for 10 min. Total cook time....1hr+. I hate this thing. More tinkering required.
After she left, I got ready for Janessa and Rachel to come over for dinner (we rescheduled). James and us 3 had a dinner that I concocted from recipes. I made tomato feta bow tie pasta that was delicious. Rachel and Janessa provided ice cream and Tim Tam's for dessert while we watched Ocean's 11. They eventually headed out and James and I put on some Arrested Development before I went to bed early. Have to get up early!
Originally we had planned to do the Coogee to Bondi walk then catch a bus up to Watson Bay, and head back.
The weather was also awful. It was cold and reeeeeally windy. So we revered out trip starting at Watson Bay and working down thinking that if weather worsened we could just go back to the closer beaches later. We hoped buses to Watson bay. The beach was about 2 ft. wide with little to no surf. Part of the fun part of the assignment was wading into the water, so I wore shorts and sandals volunteering my body for science. The water was really cold. We had to grab some hot chocolate/tea to warm back up at the warf afterward. Walked around a bit and headed back to Bondi. There the waves were HUGE. We did our measurements, my shorts got all wet, we headed for the nearest heat source and food. Found a noodle bar (it's just so good) and got some really hot food indoors where I dried out a bit.
On our way back we stopped for a bit in Bondi Junction looking around. We actually did a little perusing and went to K-mart and Coles. I wound up getting a pan (so we don't have to keep getting disposable ones), and Kim wound up getting some brownie mix although we look for other things too. (See where this is going?)
We went back and did our quick dip onto Coogee Beach, getting wet again, and then went back to my place to hang while Aliza was napping. We made the brownies...ahem...remember what I said about my oven being funky? Brownie Directions: mix, cook at X degrees for 10 min. Total cook time....1hr+. I hate this thing. More tinkering required.
After she left, I got ready for Janessa and Rachel to come over for dinner (we rescheduled). James and us 3 had a dinner that I concocted from recipes. I made tomato feta bow tie pasta that was delicious. Rachel and Janessa provided ice cream and Tim Tam's for dessert while we watched Ocean's 11. They eventually headed out and James and I put on some Arrested Development before I went to bed early. Have to get up early!
No comments:
Post a Comment