So today was an alarm clock-less morning. The lab I had for my Neuropharm class was "not on" this week, as they say. So I slept in a bit (still means I got up round 9, but I got up at my own time). Figured with the excess time, I'd put a larger dent in the book since I want to finish it being so close to the end. So I read for a bit and blogged a bit. Round 1 I headed up to campus for my Marine Environment class. Tad bit difficult finding the room (again...these people need better signs).
Class was pretty laid bad. The lecturer didn't quite control the class as well as she should have, but whatever. Basically this class is 200 people (didn't look like it though) and a majority are study abroad kids. The class is gonna be taught by several professors with three field trips on Saturdays: some place I forget the name of, the Sydney Aquarium, and Botany Bay. Should be fun and easy and a tad interesting. The second hour of class was spent just watching part of the Blue Planet series from the BBC, and we still got out about 45 min early. There was a mad rush at the end of class because for the first field trip we had to sign up for the either the am or pm trip. Kim and I chose the am trip figuring we could just get it done and have the rest of our Saturday.
Afterward Kim and I milled about a bit and eventually headed up to the Study Abroad office. I convinced myself to switch out of my Neuropharm class. While it didn't seem to be hard and very doable, I did realize that it serves no purpose for me back home besides my enhanced knowledge, and that my time might be better spent earning that third humanities credit that I need. So after much searching (and a very frustrated person in the study abroad office...she wasn't that knowledgeable) we managed to find a Film and Media Studies class that seemed vaguely interesting. We shall see.
New schedules for those that wish to know:

Translated:
So after that I grabbed one of the books I needed from the book store, met up with Janessa and walked back from campus. I got back to our room and the big buzz for the night was the Olympic Fever SOS (Start of Session) Party down at the Roundhouse on campus. It was supposed to be their blowout event for the beginning of the semester with performers like the winner of the Australian Idol show. The twins, Shapirro, Jason and I grabbed some food at an Italian Pizzeria/Pasta place on Coogee Bay (decently cheap but good). After dinner we looked into catching a bus but the stops we were near didn't have those buses running anymore, so we walked up to campus and got to the party a little after 9. The theme of the party meant that people were encouraged to dress up like their country.
There were some funny costumes, some unfortunate spandex, and a group of people with shirts saying "the Norwegian Drinking Team". It was funny. So we hung around, danced, talked, had some cheap beer and eventually went back around 1-2...probably closer to 2. We walked back as well, and because some people suggested food we actually did a random stop. Now, not much is open at 2am, but there was a Turkish place and a place called Garlo's Meat Pies. Curiosity got the best of me and some of us got some little meat pies (mine, I believe, was Chili Beef) and at them partially there and partially back at the apartment. Not bad, really. More just like eating chili with really flaky bread.

Then sleep.
Oh, picture is of (from right to left) Jenessa, Rachel, and myself
Class was pretty laid bad. The lecturer didn't quite control the class as well as she should have, but whatever. Basically this class is 200 people (didn't look like it though) and a majority are study abroad kids. The class is gonna be taught by several professors with three field trips on Saturdays: some place I forget the name of, the Sydney Aquarium, and Botany Bay. Should be fun and easy and a tad interesting. The second hour of class was spent just watching part of the Blue Planet series from the BBC, and we still got out about 45 min early. There was a mad rush at the end of class because for the first field trip we had to sign up for the either the am or pm trip. Kim and I chose the am trip figuring we could just get it done and have the rest of our Saturday.
Afterward Kim and I milled about a bit and eventually headed up to the Study Abroad office. I convinced myself to switch out of my Neuropharm class. While it didn't seem to be hard and very doable, I did realize that it serves no purpose for me back home besides my enhanced knowledge, and that my time might be better spent earning that third humanities credit that I need. So after much searching (and a very frustrated person in the study abroad office...she wasn't that knowledgeable) we managed to find a Film and Media Studies class that seemed vaguely interesting. We shall see.
New schedules for those that wish to know:


Translated:

So after that I grabbed one of the books I needed from the book store, met up with Janessa and walked back from campus. I got back to our room and the big buzz for the night was the Olympic Fever SOS (Start of Session) Party down at the Roundhouse on campus. It was supposed to be their blowout event for the beginning of the semester with performers like the winner of the Australian Idol show. The twins, Shapirro, Jason and I grabbed some food at an Italian Pizzeria/Pasta place on Coogee Bay (decently cheap but good). After dinner we looked into catching a bus but the stops we were near didn't have those buses running anymore, so we walked up to campus and got to the party a little after 9. The theme of the party meant that people were encouraged to dress up like their country.
Then sleep.
Oh, picture is of (from right to left) Jenessa, Rachel, and myself
No comments:
Post a Comment