Friday, August 29, 2008

En Flambe!

Hmm...thursday.
Well the plan was to get up, get a hair cut and go to class. Never did get that haircut. Chilled around for a while around the apartment doing stuff. Went up to class. Lecture was about Port Hacking and sand movement...woo... Kim and I just entertained ourself. After class Kim and I hung out in her room thinking about adventures and travel plans during and after semester.
Heading back down to home. I'm really loving that walk.
It was a little late at this point, so the guys were thinking about food already. I kinda wanted to try this hole-in-the-wall pizza place farther up Coogee Bay Road. Everyone's been wanting to try it because it just remind us of some small place back home that has the potential to be really good.
Naturally, we ixnayed that and decided to go for Thai. One of the Thai places was just re-done and has a new name, we thought about there until we realized that there is one DIRECTLY across the street from our apartment building.
This place was pretty nice looking, complete with mood lighting and candles on the table. The guys, in the spirit of trying to equally compare all the thai restaurants, got Pad Tai. I did not. I wanted something different and I was really in the mood for seafood. Wound up getting this Mixed Seafood dish. The waitress comes out carrying a plate with this tin foil package. Looked like an overturned bowl with a square base of tin foil around it. But more imporantly, it was ON FIRE. (wish I had a camera) The blue flames were all around the base of the "bowl" part and through the opening in the top. Didn't really know what to do, so I waited for it to go out and tenatively pulled back the foil. It was really really good. What made the dinner better was that all main courses were 30% off mon-thurs. So it was pretty reasonable too.
The night was a hang out night. Some of the guys were just planning on hanging around. James and Charlie got some beer to just hang around with. Everyone else was writing papers that night. I mean everyone. I broke into a few glasses of the wine stash from Sunday but not too much. We three went over to Aubrey's to distract them from paper writing and just hang out. The guys wound up going through a little too much and were having much more fun than just about everyone. There was an intense game of Egyptian Rat Screw (card game, don't get hung up on the name if you don't know it...it's fun) that we battled at for a while before American Pie was sung and we left. The girls were kinda kicking us out b/c they had work to do, but whatever. Twas fun.

No comments: