So this fine Friday had a pretty uneventful morning. Woke up sans alarm, read a little, worked a bit on readings for classes and mostly stayed around the apartment. Nothing much to speak of.
This afternoon however was rather fun. Rachel and Janessa had talked to me yesterday about going to the Star City Casino tonight. It's the only Casino in NSW (the state), and it's pretty large. My response..."could be fun." I expanded the plans a bit and offered to make dinner for whoever was coming. I figured I could whip up the Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo I learned to make. It's easy, simple, and pretty cheap. I took some food over to their place (ironically they are located on Alfreda St) and the three of us went to the store to get the rest of the supplies. There were about 7 of us eating in total. Most of them stayed downstairs while Rachel and I cooked upstairs (someone had to show me around the kitchen). A bit later be brought down the food to enjoy bowls fo pasta and what little ceasar salad we had bought. Most of them were pretty funny from the goon they had already broken into.
Post meal and wine we headed to the bus stop and met Alex and Victor there. Some of the guys (twins, Shapirro, and others that I won't bother with names) had gone earlier since were more into poker than we were. It was a decent walk ~20min or so from the bus stop to the Casino having to walk over the bridge connecting the two sides of Darling Harbor.
We got there and this place was pretty massive. Not knowing where to start, Rachel and I tested the slot machines. No surprise there...won some but lost most of it.
We spent most of our time watching the other guys play at three card poker and blackjack, it was pretty fun even watching. Eventually I wanted to have some fun of my own so I headed over to the cheap black jack table and grabbed a seat when it opened. I had my peanut gallery of Victor, Alex, and Rachel behind me giving either random advice, most of which I already knew, or more importantly the "should I or shouldn't I" luck divinations. My luck was horrible. Most of the games I spent in the red and were dealt more 14's and 15's than any man should get. But it was a good time, and that was more important really, no more than I would have spent on a bar or club.
This afternoon however was rather fun. Rachel and Janessa had talked to me yesterday about going to the Star City Casino tonight. It's the only Casino in NSW (the state), and it's pretty large. My response..."could be fun." I expanded the plans a bit and offered to make dinner for whoever was coming. I figured I could whip up the Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo I learned to make. It's easy, simple, and pretty cheap. I took some food over to their place (ironically they are located on Alfreda St) and the three of us went to the store to get the rest of the supplies. There were about 7 of us eating in total. Most of them stayed downstairs while Rachel and I cooked upstairs (someone had to show me around the kitchen). A bit later be brought down the food to enjoy bowls fo pasta and what little ceasar salad we had bought. Most of them were pretty funny from the goon they had already broken into.
Post meal and wine we headed to the bus stop and met Alex and Victor there. Some of the guys (twins, Shapirro, and others that I won't bother with names) had gone earlier since were more into poker than we were. It was a decent walk ~20min or so from the bus stop to the Casino having to walk over the bridge connecting the two sides of Darling Harbor.
We got there and this place was pretty massive. Not knowing where to start, Rachel and I tested the slot machines. No surprise there...won some but lost most of it.
We spent most of our time watching the other guys play at three card poker and blackjack, it was pretty fun even watching. Eventually I wanted to have some fun of my own so I headed over to the cheap black jack table and grabbed a seat when it opened. I had my peanut gallery of Victor, Alex, and Rachel behind me giving either random advice, most of which I already knew, or more importantly the "should I or shouldn't I" luck divinations. My luck was horrible. Most of the games I spent in the red and were dealt more 14's and 15's than any man should get. But it was a good time, and that was more important really, no more than I would have spent on a bar or club.
No comments:
Post a Comment