Sam told me on Monday that she demanded an adventure for the day. I tried, actually turned out to be a fun day.
Class in the morning (too early) was a little surprising. Topic for the week was "space" when it came to media. The topic was a little boring overall, but we did talk about some sort of "game" i guess that I had never heard of. It's called Second Life. The YouTube videos are very crazy. Here's what it's about. It's a virtual world where you create a character (like yourself or not) and create things there...create your second life. So for any of you know the Sims, it's like that but you pick a character and "play" with others around the world (similar to WoW or other online games). Now here's the kicker....it uses real money. Real....like US dollars. The money in the game actually exchanges against the US dollar. So you go in there and pay for things (like a cell phone that doesn't work) or something else for your character. I don't get it. I can understand other games where it's creating another world more fantastical or more of a God type game where you create and control everything, but a game where it's basically where your life stops and this life starts in a world destroyed with a single stroke of a delete key....it's beyond me. So we discussed this for a bit.
I stayed on campus for a bit in the library trying to find a few articles for one of my papers. Afterward, I decided to try a new place for lunch. I went....to a roatating sushi bar right near campus! Even better, Tuesdays are a special day where every plate, no matter what it is is $2.50. So cheap, good, rotating sushi. Amazing. Never been to a rotating one before. Even tried octopus again.
Headed back home to get some work done. Did my readings for the next day, or at least tried to. Dinner was another concoction. I made Lemon pepper chicken, rice and corn for the roomies and myself. They enjoyed.
After, another week of Scruffy Murphy's. Hadn't been in two weeks. Both times before were heaps of fun. Other groups, alfreda house, other houses, ppl from the colleges came later. The people were loads of fun, the band was good. They seem to play the same thing each week but it's all great songs that everyone know. So when they come on for a bit, and everyone's a bit tipsy, much...much singing ensues. Actually took a lot of pictures that night, might post a few on here. It was a late night. We got back round 3:30-4am. Ashley was going to go back to Aubrey's but couldn't get in touch with her so she just crashed at our place. We acutally stayed up about an hour (made a little pasta) just talking. So it was a 5am bedtime. No idea how I had all the energy I did the next day.
So, Sam, it wasn't a massive adventure, but a very fun day. Does that count?
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment