New header for the blog! Actually this is the center part of a picture I actually took in the blue mountains...be jealous.
The morning I woke up really early to go take that RSA course down town. Expecting some dumb boring instructional session, this was the total opposite. The lady we had was hysterical. Her sense of humor, while a bit weird, was great. Her basic strategy was to cover what we needed, doggy-ear the pages with the answers on them for the test, and go over stuff that would actually be relevant to us. Everyone in the class except for 3(probably 20 ppl total) were originally from other countries (Holland, Russia, UK, France, Napal, Inida, Mexico, etc.) Very dynamic, really fun, she spent a lot of lessons recounting related stories of her own exploits to us as well. We had a break for lunch (went to a Thai place with 3 others in the Queen Victoria Building (QVB) food court) came back, and eventually took the test. We got out around 3pm so I decided to do some exploring on my own.
I decided to walk around the QVB and just kinda window shop. I found the Australian Geographic (similar to National Geographic) store...some of you may be receiving presents from there, we shall see. I also wound up getting a pair of jeans and a nice shirt (at another store, not Australian Geographic) considering they weren't their normal $80 pair of jeans and however much for a shirt.
Post-wardrobe expansion (it's limited), I strolled through Hyde Park and over to the NSW Art Gallery. Seeing as it was free to enter, I took a look around the main floor just kinda wasting time and looking around. Found some really cool paintings. Really enjoyed some by a surrealist named James Gleeson (google if you please). Got a phone call from a few of the IES kids for plans for the evening as the Palace was supposed to be having something with free drinks from 9-10. So I veeeery slowly walked back to the bus stop taking my time to enjoy the Bells from St. Mary's Cathedral and the gorgeous trees of Hyde Park (wish I had my camera). As I got to the bus stop, I actually saw three guys out in the field with two cups and a bottle each practicing bar tricks (like flipping bottle around your head and pouring, etc.) Kinda cool to watch while waiting.
Aliza, Mike, Alex C., Kim and I got food at Thai Me Up for dinner (yeah, it's a Thai chain with a great name...and yes, I had Thai twice today...it's just sooo good). We went back to Aliza's for a bit to watch the Olympics but headed back out a little too late to get the free drinks at palace. We were at the bar JUST as they stopped. So we played a few rounds of pool while watching Olympics there and watched th rest back in Aliza's place. Check blog later for some fun photos of tonight.
The morning I woke up really early to go take that RSA course down town. Expecting some dumb boring instructional session, this was the total opposite. The lady we had was hysterical. Her sense of humor, while a bit weird, was great. Her basic strategy was to cover what we needed, doggy-ear the pages with the answers on them for the test, and go over stuff that would actually be relevant to us. Everyone in the class except for 3(probably 20 ppl total) were originally from other countries (Holland, Russia, UK, France, Napal, Inida, Mexico, etc.) Very dynamic, really fun, she spent a lot of lessons recounting related stories of her own exploits to us as well. We had a break for lunch (went to a Thai place with 3 others in the Queen Victoria Building (QVB) food court) came back, and eventually took the test. We got out around 3pm so I decided to do some exploring on my own.
I decided to walk around the QVB and just kinda window shop. I found the Australian Geographic (similar to National Geographic) store...some of you may be receiving presents from there, we shall see. I also wound up getting a pair of jeans and a nice shirt (at another store, not Australian Geographic) considering they weren't their normal $80 pair of jeans and however much for a shirt.
Post-wardrobe expansion (it's limited), I strolled through Hyde Park and over to the NSW Art Gallery. Seeing as it was free to enter, I took a look around the main floor just kinda wasting time and looking around. Found some really cool paintings. Really enjoyed some by a surrealist named James Gleeson (google if you please). Got a phone call from a few of the IES kids for plans for the evening as the Palace was supposed to be having something with free drinks from 9-10. So I veeeery slowly walked back to the bus stop taking my time to enjoy the Bells from St. Mary's Cathedral and the gorgeous trees of Hyde Park (wish I had my camera). As I got to the bus stop, I actually saw three guys out in the field with two cups and a bottle each practicing bar tricks (like flipping bottle around your head and pouring, etc.) Kinda cool to watch while waiting.
Aliza, Mike, Alex C., Kim and I got food at Thai Me Up for dinner (yeah, it's a Thai chain with a great name...and yes, I had Thai twice today...it's just sooo good). We went back to Aliza's for a bit to watch the Olympics but headed back out a little too late to get the free drinks at palace. We were at the bar JUST as they stopped. So we played a few rounds of pool while watching Olympics there and watched th rest back in Aliza's place. Check blog later for some fun photos of tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment