So today is Wednesday, aka Steak Day. Bear with me and I will explain.
So we got up this morning to go to our IES meeting with the Study Abroad division at UNSW. We met up with Merlin at 9 and he showed us where to go on campus. We talked with college advisers, filled out paperwork and worked on getting our class schedules finalized. People here typically don't have their schedules finalized till two weeks after classes start (that's also when people tend to buy their books). So I changed some classes around. Right now I'm signed up for Neuropharmacology (for kicks & stuff); the Marine Environment; Sports, Law, and Society; and God, Life and the Universe. All subject to change. My acutal class schedule doesn't look that bad so far. No classes on Friday. only 1 hour of class on Tuesday. Wednesday is my full day.
After that Merlin took us on a small walk around campus to get ourselves oriented telling us what was where. We looked around the library and got the internet working on my computer (woot!) which is how I was able to post my last few blog entries as well as a few pictures (both on my google/blog thing and facebook). I will upload more later when I get the chance. We also got a chance to go visit the rooms of the people staying in the residential colleges on campus. The guys room (Mike) is pretty sweet. He has a balcony that wraps all the way around his room. The other girl has a pretty small room, but still nice. We stayed around there doing some stuff then got a few more things done on the internet at the library and finally headed back to Coogee. I came back and lounged around the apartment for a while until meeting up with and IES girl, Aliza to go grocery shopping. Got a bit of food, not to much, and nothing extremely parishable.
After getting back I met up with some of the guys to go to the Palace Bar where they have free steak on Wednesday night with the purchase of a $4 beer or wine ($2 extra for salad and fries). Free steak?! Every Wednesday?! Hellz yeah!! Especially because food tends to be more expensive here. So Wednesday, for the duration of my stay will be known and celebrated as Steak Day. So we had massive tables of Study Abroad kids, all getting to know each other. Met a few more girls tonight that live in a house of about 26 study abroad kids (including some guys I recognize from the Hopkins water polo team). But overall, it was a pretty exciting night.
So we got up this morning to go to our IES meeting with the Study Abroad division at UNSW. We met up with Merlin at 9 and he showed us where to go on campus. We talked with college advisers, filled out paperwork and worked on getting our class schedules finalized. People here typically don't have their schedules finalized till two weeks after classes start (that's also when people tend to buy their books). So I changed some classes around. Right now I'm signed up for Neuropharmacology (for kicks & stuff); the Marine Environment; Sports, Law, and Society; and God, Life and the Universe. All subject to change. My acutal class schedule doesn't look that bad so far. No classes on Friday. only 1 hour of class on Tuesday. Wednesday is my full day.
After that Merlin took us on a small walk around campus to get ourselves oriented telling us what was where. We looked around the library and got the internet working on my computer (woot!) which is how I was able to post my last few blog entries as well as a few pictures (both on my google/blog thing and facebook). I will upload more later when I get the chance. We also got a chance to go visit the rooms of the people staying in the residential colleges on campus. The guys room (Mike) is pretty sweet. He has a balcony that wraps all the way around his room. The other girl has a pretty small room, but still nice. We stayed around there doing some stuff then got a few more things done on the internet at the library and finally headed back to Coogee. I came back and lounged around the apartment for a while until meeting up with and IES girl, Aliza to go grocery shopping. Got a bit of food, not to much, and nothing extremely parishable.
After getting back I met up with some of the guys to go to the Palace Bar where they have free steak on Wednesday night with the purchase of a $4 beer or wine ($2 extra for salad and fries). Free steak?! Every Wednesday?! Hellz yeah!! Especially because food tends to be more expensive here. So Wednesday, for the duration of my stay will be known and celebrated as Steak Day. So we had massive tables of Study Abroad kids, all getting to know each other. Met a few more girls tonight that live in a house of about 26 study abroad kids (including some guys I recognize from the Hopkins water polo team). But overall, it was a pretty exciting night.
No comments:
Post a Comment