Friday was a kind of a whimsical day. We (myself and the roomies: james and matt) headed up to the Uni to get some work done interneting. So after all making some sort of breakfast/lunch we hoped on the bus and split up. The others headed to the book store to get some books for the semester while I stopped by Kim's place to grab my backpack which I had left in there the night before while going to china town. Kim was heading out, but we chatted for a bit then I joined back up with the guys in the new book store (they went to the used one first). I purused the fiction section having been told by Merlin to wait a week or two to get books for classes while the other two made their purchases. Having finished After Dachu, the book I had on the plane with me, I figured getting another book might be a good idea with all the down time. Being a horrible judge in books, I went for Eragon since other said it was a good book and it was in series (aka might keep me entertained for a while). Not being a huge reader, it's been kinda nice just sitting back with nothing to do besides reading. Yes, Mom, I know I have much more to do in coming days. So we bought our books and headed on.
James left to go to the Study Abroad office to use their computers while Matt and I went to the library. I tried uploading more photos there, but somehow it failed. Don't ask. Working on it I promise. While trying to upload I got a chance to call a few people with my handy dandy phone. It was actually perfect timing because Elizabeth was having her B-day Pub Golf event so I called the gang back in B'more on their 7th hole and got to talk to them (they weren't expecting the call so it was even better).
We headed back to Coogee with only a few of the internet things done. Friday was also a DISMAL day. It was cold, wet, and rainy. We didn't really do to much because it was so awful outside. So instead we popped in a movie. We watched a portion of the Assasination of Jesse James (I say portion because it's reeeeally long and reeeeally slow). After that we got bored again so we put on a few episodes of Arrested Development (the twins hadn't seen it yet) and after the first one I made some quick pasta for the lot (hooray shells and tomato sauce!). We broke up for a little bit, but a few of us decided to go over the the Palace to shoot a little pool, nothing to intense. We played a few rounds, other showed up, stayed late talking to other people. Talked to Rachel for a long time for some reason. Then headed back for some sleep.
I also appoligize. I'm trying to work in names figuring they might get to be more familiar with time. If they are new or confusing....um...deal? I figured it will be easier for continuity of stories to say "Ryan" instead of "the twin of the guy I'm rooming with". If you need a glossary...yeah no, I don't have the time or effort. :D
James left to go to the Study Abroad office to use their computers while Matt and I went to the library. I tried uploading more photos there, but somehow it failed. Don't ask. Working on it I promise. While trying to upload I got a chance to call a few people with my handy dandy phone. It was actually perfect timing because Elizabeth was having her B-day Pub Golf event so I called the gang back in B'more on their 7th hole and got to talk to them (they weren't expecting the call so it was even better).
We headed back to Coogee with only a few of the internet things done. Friday was also a DISMAL day. It was cold, wet, and rainy. We didn't really do to much because it was so awful outside. So instead we popped in a movie. We watched a portion of the Assasination of Jesse James (I say portion because it's reeeeally long and reeeeally slow). After that we got bored again so we put on a few episodes of Arrested Development (the twins hadn't seen it yet) and after the first one I made some quick pasta for the lot (hooray shells and tomato sauce!). We broke up for a little bit, but a few of us decided to go over the the Palace to shoot a little pool, nothing to intense. We played a few rounds, other showed up, stayed late talking to other people. Talked to Rachel for a long time for some reason. Then headed back for some sleep.
I also appoligize. I'm trying to work in names figuring they might get to be more familiar with time. If they are new or confusing....um...deal? I figured it will be easier for continuity of stories to say "Ryan" instead of "the twin of the guy I'm rooming with". If you need a glossary...yeah no, I don't have the time or effort. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment