Another surprisingly beautiful day. When we looked up the weather on Friday, it said it was supposed to be dismal for the rest of the week with Saturday as the only nice day. Today was GORGEOUS. I got up and had a simple breakfast read a little and then headed out around 11:30-12. I walked a little up Coogee Bay Road looking for food before heading back to another little chicken sandwich type place next to our once hotel. Got a chance to talk with Mom a little and pace around the park watching people on the beach or on the lawn just playing game, sunbathing or swimming in the cold water (apparently James and others were amoung the simming group).
After some food I decided to go on another walk. I headed South (away from Bondi) on the walking path and went for a bit. It was a beautiful walk. The sky and water DEFINED the meaning of Blue. Deep, rich, vibrant blues. At the end of the path, there were stairs heading down the cliff to where there were tidal pools on the rocks. I went down there and found a cool little alcove on the cliff face where I sat for a little and just watched as the waves crashed on the rocks right in front of me. The spray didn't quite reach me, but if the wind was blowing it might have.
I started my way up the hills ont he South side of Coogee. These are steep hills, but I figured it would be some good cardio or something. So I walked up these 45+ degree slopes through some really cool nice homes on the hills around Coogee. It was a cool little walk and the neighborhoods were fun. The most surprising part, aside from the hills and architecture was the silence. It was REALLY quiet there. The loudest thing was some strange bird. Peaceful. What I would kill to live there, although I'm sure the hills would get annoying.
I explored a little more and headed back home grabbing a few groceries on the way. I got back here, grabbed book and headed to the cliffs to read while the weather was still good. It didn't last long as a nasty storm rolled in with lightning and thunder in the distance. I headed in right as the lifegards were making anouncements that it would be wise to get out of the water/off the beach.
The roomies showed eventually and I later went and joined James in Ben's room. A large number of their group (the people that did the pre-semester program up in the GBR) were making food. They all kinda split into groups and made their own food including meatloaf, fish and rice, and pasta with meatballs. I just sat and socialized as others were heading out later to Five O's to get food. Five O's is a place that has food on the 3 price scales: 5, 9 and 13 dollars. So basically you can get a 300g steak and mashed potatoes for $5 at this place. Not quite as good as steak night, but it will do. We ate and came back to the apartment. No one was doing anything besides watching movies so we put on our own: Stardust. Some of the guys didn't like it as much, they tend to like more action, but I still maintain that I love Robert Deniro's role in that movie.
Movie ends, light discussion, some movie exchanging, catch up on the blog...aaaaaand bed.
After some food I decided to go on another walk. I headed South (away from Bondi) on the walking path and went for a bit. It was a beautiful walk. The sky and water DEFINED the meaning of Blue. Deep, rich, vibrant blues. At the end of the path, there were stairs heading down the cliff to where there were tidal pools on the rocks. I went down there and found a cool little alcove on the cliff face where I sat for a little and just watched as the waves crashed on the rocks right in front of me. The spray didn't quite reach me, but if the wind was blowing it might have.
I started my way up the hills ont he South side of Coogee. These are steep hills, but I figured it would be some good cardio or something. So I walked up these 45+ degree slopes through some really cool nice homes on the hills around Coogee. It was a cool little walk and the neighborhoods were fun. The most surprising part, aside from the hills and architecture was the silence. It was REALLY quiet there. The loudest thing was some strange bird. Peaceful. What I would kill to live there, although I'm sure the hills would get annoying.
I explored a little more and headed back home grabbing a few groceries on the way. I got back here, grabbed book and headed to the cliffs to read while the weather was still good. It didn't last long as a nasty storm rolled in with lightning and thunder in the distance. I headed in right as the lifegards were making anouncements that it would be wise to get out of the water/off the beach.
The roomies showed eventually and I later went and joined James in Ben's room. A large number of their group (the people that did the pre-semester program up in the GBR) were making food. They all kinda split into groups and made their own food including meatloaf, fish and rice, and pasta with meatballs. I just sat and socialized as others were heading out later to Five O's to get food. Five O's is a place that has food on the 3 price scales: 5, 9 and 13 dollars. So basically you can get a 300g steak and mashed potatoes for $5 at this place. Not quite as good as steak night, but it will do. We ate and came back to the apartment. No one was doing anything besides watching movies so we put on our own: Stardust. Some of the guys didn't like it as much, they tend to like more action, but I still maintain that I love Robert Deniro's role in that movie.
Movie ends, light discussion, some movie exchanging, catch up on the blog...aaaaaand bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment