So today we did more Australian wild kind of activities. We woke up to
an info session regarding health, safety, customs, etc. After that we
boarded a chartered bus to go to the Featherdale Wildlife Park. So all
the animal everyone wanted me to bring back, I pretty much saw today.
We saw all sorts of cool birds, animals, and other types of creatures.
I have some AMAZING pictures. We petted and fed emus, walabees, dingos,
and koalas. Some of the coolest creatures around. All really cool, all
different. Other things were little penguins, crocs, albino walabees,
the most venemous snake in the world, and echidnas. I didn't really see
any tasmanian devils, but I think I got a picture of the tail of one
hiding in a log. We stayed around there for a little more than an hour
and got some lunch. We then boarded the bus again to head to the Blue
Mountains for a hike.
Today was actually pretty cold, but more
than cold, it was windy. So when we finally got to the mountains
(>1hr) it was FRIGID. We walked out the the lookout to see some
amazing breathtaking views. The wind was killer. So then we did a small
hike around a trail that had several lookout points. Some had view of
waterfalls, cliffs, or just sheer drops. I got some postcard worthy
pics. We took crazy individual and group pics. One we all climbed into
a small kinda grotto in the side of small cliff. People decided to jump
out of it past the stream that was running in front of it and got a
little wet. Lastly we headed up to the top of a cliff. We almost didn't
go all the way up because Merlin said the wind was too strong (which it
was...i'm thinking over 40mph...it pushed me) but we did anyway. We got
up to the top and lied down and inched toward the edge and looked
straight down. It was intense. We headed back up the mountain to where
the bus was afterward. Most of this hike had some fairly steep stairs
or climbs that became annoying on the reverse assent.
With
many many many pictures taken, we barde dth bus for our long ride home.
Merlin put on Meet the Fockers for us to watch. Side note: meet the
fockers, when said in an Australian accent, sounds much more like the
intended pun...he didn't get it at first why all of us died laughing on
the bus. We got back headed out and had a BYO on the roof of our hotel
and Merlin bought huge amounts of Domino's pizza. It was a nice end to
our orientation with everyone hanging about eating, having a few beers
and listening to merlin's hello kitty iPod setup. Tomorrow we are to
get up round 9 to go move into appartments. It will be nice to stop
living out of a suitcase and acutally get settled in.
I'll
have to find a better way of posting pics when I do get internet
because as of now I'm looking at about 300pics already. Keep watch of
the little slideshow right next to these blogs (on the right). I might
post them there.
an info session regarding health, safety, customs, etc. After that we
boarded a chartered bus to go to the Featherdale Wildlife Park. So all
the animal everyone wanted me to bring back, I pretty much saw today.
We saw all sorts of cool birds, animals, and other types of creatures.
I have some AMAZING pictures. We petted and fed emus, walabees, dingos,
and koalas. Some of the coolest creatures around. All really cool, all
different. Other things were little penguins, crocs, albino walabees,
the most venemous snake in the world, and echidnas. I didn't really see
any tasmanian devils, but I think I got a picture of the tail of one
hiding in a log. We stayed around there for a little more than an hour
and got some lunch. We then boarded the bus again to head to the Blue
Mountains for a hike.
Today was actually pretty cold, but more
than cold, it was windy. So when we finally got to the mountains
(>1hr) it was FRIGID. We walked out the the lookout to see some
amazing breathtaking views. The wind was killer. So then we did a small
hike around a trail that had several lookout points. Some had view of
waterfalls, cliffs, or just sheer drops. I got some postcard worthy
pics. We took crazy individual and group pics. One we all climbed into
a small kinda grotto in the side of small cliff. People decided to jump
out of it past the stream that was running in front of it and got a
little wet. Lastly we headed up to the top of a cliff. We almost didn't
go all the way up because Merlin said the wind was too strong (which it
was...i'm thinking over 40mph...it pushed me) but we did anyway. We got
up to the top and lied down and inched toward the edge and looked
straight down. It was intense. We headed back up the mountain to where
the bus was afterward. Most of this hike had some fairly steep stairs
or climbs that became annoying on the reverse assent.
With
many many many pictures taken, we barde dth bus for our long ride home.
Merlin put on Meet the Fockers for us to watch. Side note: meet the
fockers, when said in an Australian accent, sounds much more like the
intended pun...he didn't get it at first why all of us died laughing on
the bus. We got back headed out and had a BYO on the roof of our hotel
and Merlin bought huge amounts of Domino's pizza. It was a nice end to
our orientation with everyone hanging about eating, having a few beers
and listening to merlin's hello kitty iPod setup. Tomorrow we are to
get up round 9 to go move into appartments. It will be nice to stop
living out of a suitcase and acutally get settled in.
I'll
have to find a better way of posting pics when I do get internet
because as of now I'm looking at about 300pics already. Keep watch of
the little slideshow right next to these blogs (on the right). I might
post them there.
No comments:
Post a Comment