So I woke up to call Mike and a few others before heading on a plane ride out to Darwin. Took a while to catch a cab in Coogee but wound up getting a really interesting cabby...very opinionated. Due to a random question about what was on the radio we wound up breaking into a full on discussion of politics and the state of the world. It was interesting and he even wound up giving me a few authors to read. Flight was delayed, as seems to be our luck with JetStar, so I called Sarah to see what her Halloween plans were.
Plane ride was long. Lasted longer than my sleeping desire, which is impressive. The clouds we went through in the last hour were pretty spectacular. Shoulda taken a pic but I didn't. While listening to music I did a small game of cloud shapes, twas fun. We arrived in Darwin only to experience the HELLISH heat. OMG!! More on this later. We checked into our hostel, headed out to see the city. Wound up going down to the Esplanade where we found a small path down to the "beach" (aka 2 feet of sand that was being overtaken by water). It was pretty cool, we wound up staying down there till sunset and it was beautiful! We found some food later at a asian restaurant of some sort and crashed that night. Wake up: 5:00am
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment