Thursday, September 25, 2008

The small novel.

This week was really the work week. That weekend I spent all saturday and Sunday working on the two 2000 worders due on Monday. I finished them, barely edited them and was done. Successful handing in on Monday. Monday night was spent doing the weekly reading/response for Media. Tuesday was spent somewhat doing the readings for God Life, but most were put off until the next morning. At this point we've memorized the playlist for the Scuffy's band as they play the same songs every week, but no complaints because they are great party songs or ones that everyone knows the words to, although I tend to disagree with their redition of Walk 500 miles. More fun pictures. I swear people must steal my camera while we are there because I come back with like 50+ pictures and wonder when I took them all.
Wednesday morning was the finishing of the God Life response and running to class with it.
Thursday was the fun day. Ashley and I headed downtown bright and early to the NSW state library. Our teacher for Sport Law had told us that this library was great for gathering primary sources for our papers due on Friday...so we adventured.
This was the MOST intense library I have ever gone to. We walked in past the little security-like desk and they stopped us and told us we couldn't bring in our backpacks. Odd, but OK. We had to deposit them in these electronic, but free lockers down the hall. So we got our laptops, books and notebooks that we needed and left the bags there. We walked back in only to get stopped again. Ashely had brought books from the USNW library, so she had to fill out a form for every book she brought in, almost like a little manifest. Strange, but sure, don't wanna get confused, I understand. So we grab a table and get set up. Ashley goes to start looking for resources and I start looking at some sorces I had already gotten on my computer. I went to join her and found out that we have to register to even search for books. uhhh..ok, sure. filled out a form on a computer, went over to another desk, presented a photo ID, and they gave us a card with some registration number on it. Cool, off to find some books! .....nooooot quite. So you can look through a catalogue on the computer, but apparently you don't go find the books. You fill out a form for every book you want and give it to the guy at this desk. THEY go find it for you and bring it to a drop off point you're supposed to check in 10min or so to see if it's there. Luckily we were sitting right next to the drop point so that was easy. So we got our books, wrote, researched etc. I didn't bother trying to figure out how to setup the wireless as I'm sure it would take 15 more steps to "register" or something. We went out around 1 or 2 to go get some lunch. Found a little cafe on a corner that had some really good sandwhiches and such. I felt very metropolitan sitting at a corner cafe looking up at skyscrapers.
We got a bit more done at the library and then headed back for the night as she was pretty much done and I was pretty tired of working.
Almost done! Fun!

No comments: