Sunday, October 19, 2008

The GRE...

Sunday was a lazy day after doing the zoo the day before. Woke up late and kind of chilled around the apartment. Think I watched a movie or something. Round 5pm that night I realized "hey....wait, I have the GRE tomorrow!"...whoops. Not really fearing it or anything I sit down and pull up the practice test they have on the GRE website and take it. It wasn't so much an effort to study as more to get in the mindset of taking this test. Finished that and went to be round 12-1am.
Next morining I got up at 6am to catch the bus at 7:15 (wanted to make sure I was there on time). I hoped on the X73 (express version of the 373 into the city) which i had never taken before. Supposed to be faster with less stops so it was a nice change, or so I thought. This bus took a turn into a tunnel that I hadn't been in before and I thought it was just a more expident way, but it popped up on a road that seemed to be heading away from the city. Started to sweat a little. It finally headed to a place right around the NSW library. Thinking it might just go directly to Circular Quay, I contemplated getting off and getting a different bus over there, but I stayed. Wound up that the last leg of the trip just goes the opposite direction. So I got off and walked over to get there about 30 min early. Made a few phone calls to the fam (I think I got Mom and Janice) and went in a bit early. They made me fill in a form and I practically started immediately (before 9am too). I took the test. Didn't take a break. I did well. Thought I did well ont the writing and it told me my scores for Verbal and Math afterward. I did alright on verbal and rocked...nay, aced the Math.
That behind me, I left, called mom, looked at some backpacked, grabbed some food, walked around a shopping center (not in a hurry to get home), and eventually got back on the bus. It was another BEAUTIFUL day in Sydney, so my mission was now to get to the beach asap. I got back home to find James just getting back from a run. I gather my shit as does he and we went to the beach for like 2.5 hrs till the sun went down. What a glorious end to a GRE day. By the end I had nearly forgotten I had taken it. The rest of the night was very chill. Not much going on, just a little R'n'R and a little work for the next day.

No comments: